RavenWind is a life long multi-medium artist who works with paper, found objects, clay, fiber, beads, rocks, and everything in between. She has taught workshops and classes in weaving, spinning, dyeing, beading, jewelry making, and mixed media art.
She currently lives near Washburn, Wisconsin with a goofy Cat, two silly Budgies, and three absolutely adorable Guinea Pigs and a plethora of Faeries.
RavenWind’s goal is to create something everyday. She loves helping people find their hidden talents and believes there is never a wrong way to make art.
She lives by a quote from her high school art teacher, Peter Ecker the Younger. “Creativity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for creativity”.
Jensa Banes has been making jewelry since she was a teenager experimenting with beading, wire wrapping, and mixed media. She has a curiosity for how things are put together and would take apart jewelry to fix or create something new. In college, she studied animation but decided that creating with her hands and not a computer was the path forward.
Jensa has lived in Bayfield, WI for over a decade finding inspiration (and even jewelry making materials!) from the beautiful wilderness of Lake Superior’s south shore.
– Wrapped loops
– Double wrapped loops
– Use of jeweler hand tools including hammers
– Drilling basalt using diamond drill bits and drill press
– Bring your own basalt stones if you have them! Otherwise we have plenty to choose from.
– Enthusiasm and patience (remember you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATH)
– 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
– Close-toed studio shoes to wear during workshop. Studio space is very slippery with wet shoes so we recommend leaving those at the door.
– Reading glasses or magnifiers
– Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
– Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
– Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
Treats and hot cocoa!
There will also be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted RISHI teas available throughout the workshop as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.
Click the link below for some ideas on where to stay during your visit to Bayfield.
CLOSEST AIRPORTS: Duluth, MN (2 hour drive); Minneapolis, MN (4.5 hour drive)