RavenWind is a life long multi-medium artist who works with paper, found objects, clay, fiber, beads, rocks, and everything in between. She has taught workshops and classes in weaving, spinning, dyeing, beading, jewelry making, and mixed media art.
She currently lives near Washburn, Wisconsin with a goofy Cat, two silly Budgies, and three absolutely adorable Guinea Pigs and a plethora of Faeries.
RavenWind’s goal is to create something everyday. She loves helping people find their hidden talents and believes there is never a wrong way to make art.
She lives by a quote from her high school art teacher, Peter Ecker the Younger. “Creativity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for creativity”.
– Bead weaving
– Knot tying
– Enthusiasm and patience (remember you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATH)
– 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
– Close-toed studio shoes to wear during workshop. Studio space is very slippery with wet shoes so we recommend leaving those at the door.
– Reading glasses or magnifiers
– Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
– Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
– Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
There will be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted RISHI teas available throughout the workshop as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.
Click the link below for some ideas on where to stay during your visit to Bayfield.
CLOSEST AIRPORTS: Duluth, MN (2 hour drive); Minneapolis, MN (4.5 hour drive)